16 Big Sky Place
Sioux Falls, SD 57110
Areas of expertise
Annual Fund Development Including Direct Mail, Feasibility Studies and Capital Campaigns, Training for Development Staff
Recent Clients Served
- Abbott House Capital Campaigns – Mitchell/Rapid City, South Dakota
- Metigoshe Ministries Capital Campaign and Annual Fund – Bottineau, North Dakota
- Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer Stewardship and Special Appeals – Watertown, South Dakota
- The Lutheran Campaign Corporation of Central Pennsylvania Capital Campaign and Annual Fund – Arendtsville, Pennsylvania
- Shetek Lutheran Ministries Capital Campaign – Slayton, Minnesota
- Bethany Lutheran Foundation Program Audit and Development – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Camp Koinonia Capital Campaign – Highland Lake, New York
As one of the founding partners of GSB Fundraising, Dave brings high energy and expertise to capital campaigns, annual funds, staff training and development and general counsel. More than 125 client-partners have benefited from his counsel, encouragement and direction.
Dave was a founding, Executive Committee member of the South Dakota Chapter of AFP and the second South Dakota member to attain CFRE certification in 1986. He served as Chapter Chair, Vice-chair, Treasurer and also chaired committees for AFP Mid-America conferences. He has also served three years as Annual Fund Chair for the Association of Lutheran Development Executives.
Dave is successful because he has worked in the trenches. He served as program administer, development director and executive director with nonprofits for more than 20 years. That experience combined with 35 years providing fundraising counsel gives clients a powerful ally in building annual and endowment funds and guiding successful capital campaigns.
His clients identify, as a signature trait of his counsel, his tenacious efforts in leading them to and exceeding their fundraising goals.
Now Partner Emeritus for GSB Fundraising, Dave continues to be active as a GSB Consultant working both remotely and in person within travel constraints.
I appreciate the sensitivity and expertise you bring and your willingness to aggressively press us to do our work."