Areas of expertise
Nathan comes at his work of equipping leaders and organizations with 17 years of experience as the chief decision-maker. In his largest call he was the lead visionary for a multi-site congregation with two preschools, 50 employees, and a combined budget in excess of $2.5 million dollars. He respects, understands, and values organizations of all sizes, but loves the particular complexities and challenges that come with larger organizational systems. He has a demonstrated capacity for the dynamics of leadership development, organizational cultural change, equipping staff and leaders, and training. If he has a superpower its group facilitation.
- Congregational Stewardship
- Annual Fund Development
- Board Development
- Staff Development
- Staff Turnover
- Hiring Decisions
- Organizational Culture Change
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Coaching (leaders and boards)
- Behavioral Consulting (performance, growth, discernment)
- Custom Group Facilitation
Recent Clients Served
- Southwestern Minnesota Synod, ELCA
- Christ Community Lutheran Church, Columbia, Illinois
- Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Juno Beach, Florida
- St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Centreville, Virginia
- Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod, ELCA
- ELCA Coaching
- Good Samaritan Lutheran Church, Lexington Park, Maryland
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Alexandria, Virginia
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest
Nathan is a graduate of Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Colombus, Ohio, and holds a doctorate in leadership and cultural architecture from Portland Seminary at George Fox University in Portland, Oregon. He is a coach trainer and facilitator for the ELCA, and holds a Professional Coaching Certification through the International Coaching Federation. At this point in his journey of serving the church, he has worked with over 147 leaders and congregations.
He resides with his wife Erin (who is a pastor) and daughter Emma in Frisco, Texas. His middle son Ephraim is a freshman at Texas A&M. And his oldest son Sam lives and works in Knoxville, Tennessee. When he has downtime he enjoys sci-fi novels, turning pens, detailing cars, and watching Yellowstone!
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We can help.
Contact our team to learn more about the variety of ways we can help non-profits and congregations get to the next level. With a successful track record of over 40 years of fundraising and consulting, we have the tools, knowledge, and experience to help you and your organization succeed.