Telling your Story for Impact and Engagement
When we tell a client or parishioner’s story for the purposes of fundraising, we are actually telling the story of our staff and programs and ministry. Each day we build relationships and implement they models we teach them. They are the direct line to transforming the lives of those we serve. This nuance in messaging is important because donors are “paying” for those staff to transform lives. Sharing the connection between generosity and mission is the greatest relationship deposit we can make with a donor.
During this workshop, participants will learn the theory behind being “Donor First.” They will learn to identify fundraising messages that are damaging their ability to raise money. We will cover the appropriate messaging ratio between relationship deposits and relationship withdrawals. We will learn how to identify withdrawal language and reframe it to deposit language that will serve to strengthen engagement from donors. This critical foundational information will be used to help participants improve the way they tell their camper’s story and help donors see our work as the Agent of Change they are funding.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Learning the Donor First theory of making relationship deposits
- Identifying damaging fundraising messages, we don’t realize we use
- Establishing the appropriate ratio between relationship deposit language vs. withdrawal language.
- We will learn to reframe withdrawal language to strengthen engagement from donors.
- We will learn how to tell the camper’s story through the work of the staff to better connect the donor’s giving to our mission as the Agent of Change
Faith & Fundraising Conference 2023
Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Sunday, February 26: Registration, Master Classes and/or Innovation Rooms, Opening Worship, Keynote, Welcome Reception
- Monday, February 27: ALDE Annual Meeting, 3 Breakouts, Keynote, Free Night
- Tuesday, February 28: 3 Breakouts, Keynote, Awards Banquet
- Wednesday, March 1: Continental Breakfast and Closing